Skip to main content

Want smart kids? Do homeschool!!!

 

👌Just wanted to share the fruits of homeschooling; Being new to the practical homeschooling journey, I have come to realize that it sometimes can do miracles.

👉Every day, homeschooling is making my heartbeat with the concept.

👯I have two toddler daughters, who never saw the school. 

👩With the elder one,😳 I had no idea as to how to ignite her natural instinct of learning with which Allah has designed every child.

I interfered with her natural learning capabilities, and tried to control her learning which resulted in intelligence grew dim”. 😓

but with the younger child, I left her alone with the books and never made her sit up with the books 📖.while, she would voluntarily pick up her kindergarten books and start reading, reading them all wrong most of the time, stuttering, like a 3-year-old, usually, does. 😄 but I never corrected her 😶 on the journey and let her on her own, the way she wanted to. 

Guess what!!! 👏with time, I saw her correcting her own mistakes just by seeing her elder sister reading.👀

She got to learn to hold a pencil on her own.✐

💁I never, ever even once tried to spend my time to make her learn to hold a pencil properly. literally, no hard work. 

Tada!! suddenly, She started to make letters on her own tracing books, I did not intentionally try to teach her to start tracing letters.✍ 

📷Here is a page from her notebook. did I tell you I didn't teach her to write at all? and did it tell you she is 4 yet? 🙉 Barak Allahu 




To my utter surprise, she could write the letters without the help of dots, just in three months. 😲 And that is all without spending even small chunks of time, without spending a penny on tutors. 💰💸

She started to name the letters on her own. That’s also without doing any work with her for teaching her the names of the letters. 👺

When I compare her to my own elder daughter, she is doing much better in studies, 👌 she is by far a fast learner. I discern this is all because I didn't interfere with her learning process like I did with my elder kid. It is a whole lot different.💓

🏃with this experience, I came to the conclusion that Self-directed education is the only philosophy, through which we can make our child's natural capabilities thrive. No other method can. The contemporary education system only made us slaves and rot learners. while shutting off all the windows of our brain.

As John Holt, who coined the term “unschooling,” wrote in his book:
How Children Learn:
All I am saying in this book can be summed up in two words 
— Trust Children. Nothing could be more simple — or more
difficult. Difficult, because to trust children we must trust
ourselves — and most of us were taught as children that we
could not be trusted. And so we go on treating children as we
ourselves were treated, calling this “reality,” or saying bitterly,
“If I could put up with it, they can too.” What we have to do is
break this long downward cycle of fear and distrust, and trust
children as we ourselves were not trusted. To do this will take
a long leap of faith — but great rewards await any of us who
will take that leap.

Popular posts from this blog

How to come out of your shell and be what you dream to?

I read Limitless by Jim Kwik which inspired me to change my mindset, perspective about how we are brought up and about the society where we breathe in. it gave me good reasons to spread this mindset to others so others can benefit and transform their lives as well.  what they teach you?  Schools only teach you what to learn, what to think, what to remember but they never teach you how to learn, how to think and how to remember. They fill you up with information. But they won't go underneath of this and never teach how to self-educate, how to go about enriching our minds; discovering new concepts. Tagging : Parents, friends, acquaintances, and society tend to label a child which eternally becomes their inner voice for the rest of their lives. It becomes the child's blueprint. That negative label hatches into the child’s subconscious keeping him enslaved for the rest of his life. Labeling a child with something is like giving the input and getting the output of the same level. ...

Homeschooler's science fair 2021

Karachi homeschoolers arranged a science fair of its own kind every year. But since COVID-19 hit it was all halted. Today on 6 November I got to attend the fair. It was enormously beautiful in the sense that each child's individuality was enhanced through their science masterpiece. Every child was confident and patient enough to explain it to others. The environment was lively. There was a catapult, digestive system, the evolution of writing, therapeutic herbs, volcano eruption, mirror games, circuits, and a few others that I couldn't catch because I arrived late. Congratulations Homeschoolers!!!

Your pain came to save you from something bigger